Who is this program for?
This program is suited for anyone who would like to:
• Deepen their spiritual connection to yoga & to open yourself to profound inner transformation.
• Enhance understanding of the philosophy of yoga
• Learn about structure & functions of the human body
• Craft intelligent sequences for a consistent home practice
• Develop confident teaching skills to make yoga as a potential career.
• Make long lasting friends with like minded people & build a supportive yoga community.
What certification will I get at the end?
You will be awarded a designation of RYT-200 (Registered Yoga Teacher) which is Yoga Alliance accredited and internationally recognized; along with the confidence to lead a well-balanced holistic yoga class.
What will I learn?
Our intensive course is carefully designed to support your growth in the physical dimension through building a solid foundation of safe alignment, playfulness & unique understanding of your own body & it’s working. The program offers creative ways towards self-discovery and how to make the transition from a student to teacher seamlessly.
1. Techniques, Training and Practice
You will learn:
• Safe alignment of the asanas (Yoga Postures)
• Modifications of the yoga pose to suit all body types.
• Challenging variations of the poses.
• Props usage
• Establish a daily meditation practice.
• Pranayama (Breath work) techniques
2. Teaching Methodology
You will learn how to:
• Create an intelligent sequence for beginner, intermediate & advance levels,
• Teach confidently & communicate effectively in a group
• Adjust & assist safely in a yoga classroom
• Address the specific needs of individuals & special populations.
• Understanding the business of yoga.
3. Anatomy & Physiology
You will learn:
• Anatomy & physiology of the human body, both the physical and subtle body.
• Understanding the energy anatomy & physiology including nadis & chakras.
• Injury prevention & modification to adapt to special conditions.
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle & Ethics
• The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts (such as the yoga sutras, Bhagwat Gita)
• Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher- student relationships & community.
5. Teaching Practice
• Practice teaching as the lead instructor
• Receiving constructive feedback in a skillful way.
• Plenty of support practicing in groups and one on one.
• Continuous feedback and mentorship
Can you give me an idea of the daily schedule?
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Ashtanga yoga practice and teaching mythology.
12:30 PM– 1:15 PM – Lunch Break (Self Arrangement)
1:15 PM– 2:15 PM – 1st Theory Class
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM – 2nd Theory Class
4:15 PM – 5:00 PM – 3rd Theory Class
5:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Hatha Yoga Practice, correction, stretching, etc…
I do not have an advanced practice; can I still attend?
Absolutely! The idea for the program is for you to deepen your practice and learn more about your body and the challenges it can overcome with a little guidance and a consistent practice. We start from the foundations and progress at a steady pace.
What if I don’t know if I want to teach yoga, can I still register?
The yoga teacher training is designed to allow you to explore the in-depth multi-leveled philosophy of yoga along
with learning how to approach the common & popular yoga poses safely. Many people enroll in teacher training programs with an aim to learn more about themselves and their unique practice, but later realize that they really enjoy sharing their love for yoga by teaching classes. So, you just might
Do I need to do anything before attending the course?
All participants are required to acquire three reference books:
1. Light on Yoga- B.K.S Iyengar
2. Asana, Pranayama, Mudra & Bandha of Bihar school of yoga publication.
3. Bhagwat Gita – Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad
Is there any post training support?
Yes! One of the most unique features of our training program is the after-training support and up-skilling that the trainees receive. There is continuous mentor ship and on-going support throughout.